Friday, November 10, 2006

First Post

This will be the location of my blog dedicated to politics. I feel I should get a few things out of the way first, like explaining what party I affiliate myself with and such.

I like to think of myself as non-partisan. The old Republican idea of keeping government as small as possible is important. This doesn't mean that I think Social Security is a bad idea. Rather the opposite, I consider the idea of giving food to starving people is one of the main reasons a country needs a government. I do however think that we need to make sure we dont waste money or resources. The creation of the Department of Homeland Security was a needless act.

I would rather GWB had instead used the Police, Federal Bureau of Investigation, state Bureaus of Investigation, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Secret Service, National Security Administration and other existing agencies to accomplish the task of keeping the nation secure. Instead, he created yet another agency dedicated to controlling the populace and protecting the government from the people.

Well, I hope this first entry gives you a feel for what my political leanings are. I also hope you wont come to the conclusion that you know how I feel about subjects I haven't covered. I am surprisingly non-partisan and have viewpoints that are not capable of being defined by what stance one party or the other takes

-JMP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home